4 Ingredient Oat Bars [Wheat-Free]
That’s it that’s all. I had a whole whack of ripe bananas to get rid of again. Okay, I purposefully purchase bananas in excess so that I can make nana ice-cream, banana bread, muffins, cakes, smoothies, popsicles, etc. They are pretty much the perfect food, adding sweetness, texture/consistency and elasticity to baked goods and creaminess to blended desserts.
So. Onto the bars. They make a great snack, quick breakfast on-the-go, or dessert crumbled up with coconut or regular yogurt or that banana ice cream I mentioned. Or straight up ice cream if you’re feeling hardcore and your body doesn’t hate you after eating dairy …
- 1.5 c. wheat-free steel cut oats (preferably soaked overnight)
- 2 c. coconut water
- 2 c. pureed bananas
- 1 c. blueberries
- dash of pink Himalayan sea salt (doesn't count as an ingredient because I said so!)
- Preheat over to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a parchment lined, deep baking dish. I like to use a pyrex lasagna pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or more depending on how golden brown and/or chewy you want them.
- Remove from heat, let stand to cool.
- Enjoy them warm or cold out of the fridge!