Prana Balls For Your Mouth
In looking at the past 3 recipes I’ve posted on here…it would seem that we have a chocolate situation going on. Which, spanning over the course of more than a few months, isn’t really a big deal. Soon…soon I shall get back to posting some savoury recipes too. In the meantime, let us get on with this horrid chocolate business. These suckers (in ball or bar form), are a great afternoon snack, source of protein and hit of energy! Toddler approved.
- 2 cups of unsalted (raw) sunflower seeds
- 16 or so pitted medjool dates
- 8 dried apricots
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup of milled flax *OR* ¾ cup of hemp hearts
- ½ cup of raw dark cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse sunflower seeds until crumbled almost into a flour. Add in the dates, dried apricots, melted coconut oil, flax or hemp, cacao powder and sea salt and blend that action till compact and shapeable. Optional: roll balls into a bowl of shredded coconut and chill. I like them best cold, they firm up nicely and taste better cold. If you find making the balls to be too time consuming you can also press the mixture onto a cookie sheet and cut into bars. I like topping them with goji berries this route.